Today, five years ago... God decided he needed an extra angel in heaven. My friend Allison's father passed away five years ago today. He had cancer. He was one of the most amazing, imaginative, smart, outgoing, nicest, lovable, creative, one of a kind man! I'm sure he is keeping extra busy in heaven! Allison is a spitting image of her dad! She carries many of the same characteristics as him as well! He left an amazing legacy thru her and her sister Katie and their mom Susie. Please keep them all in your prayers today:)
Ronnie.. I know your super proud of your girls.. they are pretty amazing!
"I am like a falling star who has finally found his place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever."
On the way to work today, I heard one of the commercials for Asbury United Methodist church. They have their pastor on this commercial give "Perceptions of Tom Harrison." Today's perceptions was about Alzheimer's. It made me cry while I was driving because at the end, he said, I am Kathy's brother Tom. Kathy is his sister who is struggling with Alzheimer's. It was talking about how life must be enjoyed and never taken for granted.
It got me thinking about life and everything life has in store for us. It also, got me wondering what God has in store for my life. It made me worry... what if this happens or this happens... how will I cope what will I do, but I found peace in knowing... God has a plan for everyone. It may not be the plan that we have but it is what he wants for us and He would never lead us astray and leave as alone. I could sit and worry and ponder what is going to happen over the next ten years or I could chose to Let Go and Let God and know that everyday is a Gift. One that we should open everyday and enjoy to the hilt. I try to live everyday to fullest of full and I hope that by doing that I am enjoying everything God has given me. I know some days I am not as positive or upbeat about day to day events but I definitely try to enjoy the little things....
Here are ten things about today that I am grateful for......
1. My loving husband, who every morning says to me when I am all dressed for work and ready to go... You look beautiful today... what would I ever do without him? He is amazing and I am soo sooo sooo grateful for him
2. For the well being of my family and for just my family in general. My family is definitely amazing and I don't know what I would do without them. There is no love like the love between a mother and father and their children. I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
3. The roof that is over my head. There are millions of people all over the world who do not have the luxury of having a home or even a bed to sleep in. For my home I am so thankful.
4. For the car that I drive to work everyday
5. For the chirping of the birds... Birds definitely live everyday to the fullest. Always chirping and singing and always happy. One can learn a lot from bird watching
6. For the snuggles I get from my dogs Halley and Daisy. They bring a smile to my face every time I see them and think about them. I never thought I could love a dog like I do Halley and Daisy. Dogs are definitely a mans best friend.
7. For the friends that I have. God definitely blessed me with wonderful friends. I look forward to chatting and iming with them daily. They make everyday amazing and interesting.
8. For the sun.... definitely a random thing to be thankful for.... but I love when the sun is out and shining. Makes my smile a little bigger.
9. For my job. Very thankful my dad took a risk and hired me. I enjoy seeing my mom everyday and having her be bop into my office... looking all cute and happy. She brings a smile to my face daily!
10. Last but not least... thankful for my life! Thank you God for making me and for blessing me with the most amazing life a girl/woman could ever ask for. Without you... life would not be the same and would not be what it is today for me and for everyone!
I hope everyone takes time today... to enjoy and be grateful for the little things in life.
1. Who is your man? Charles Ryan Neurohr - Ryan - RyRy
2. How long have you been together? 4 years... married 5 months:) 3. How long dated? 3 1/2 years 4. How old is your man? He is 26... I married a younger man!
5. Who eats more? He does... he is my little vacuum:)
6. Who said “I love you” first? He did...the first time he was a bit drunk and the second time.. while we were watching a movie:) 7. Who is taller? He is:) 8. Who sings better? He does.. he actually has a really great voice... sometimes he will sing me lullabies to sleep:)
9. Who is smarter? He is better at history and math and science then I am... 10. Whose temper is worse? Ummm. Definitely me... he is soo laid back
11. Who does the laundry? I do the laundry and he helps fold and put it away!
12. Who takes out the garbage? We both do 13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does
14. Who pays the bills? He pays the bills... I know what bills we have and when they are do.. but he pays them 15. Who is better with the computer? ME:) 16. Who mows the lawn? He does. I have never mowed before.... I help pick up Daisy's toys and dog poop! 17. Who cooks dinner? Me! Always. He does the dishes 18. Who drives when you are together? He drives... I'm not the greatest driver!
19. Who pays when you go out? We both do.. money comes from the same place now! 20. Who is most stubborn? He would say just me but I say us both 21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Both 22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine.... we go over for dinner alot and spend alot of time with them... his live out of town but we manage to see them too 23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first! 24. Who asked who out? He asked me out and we went to the mall and to On The Border 25. Who proposed? Him. 26. Who is more sensitive? Me. 27. Who has more friends? We both have a lot of friends... but I am closer with mine! 28. Who has more siblings? Me. 29. Who wears the pants in the family? We share the pants:)
30. How did you meet? We met at a date party... both with other dates... ended up hanging out with each other more than our dates:)
Last Thursday night we went to Utica square again to listen to the outdoor live music:) This week was on of Ryan's mom Karen's favorite Stillwater bands.. The red dirt rangers! We had soo much fun! It was day 2 of our three day concert going streak!
WAS AMAZING! Too bad my camera battery was dead! Big tear! We were so close! He has the best jam out sessions ever! So hard to believe that he was born with the ability to sing that well and everyday he just does what he loves and does it well:) Just got done charging my battery. That will never happen again! Off to Red Dirt Rangers outdoor concert tonight and Jack Johnson in Kansas City tomorrow nite! The Neurohr's are concert going fools;) Happy day em
Over the weekend Ryan's good friend Steven got married. Ryan and Steven have been best friends since about the age they first learned out to talk and walk:) We love Lindsey and we love hanging out and doing stuff with them! Ryan was in the wedding and we had such a great time! Ryan said he was sad when the wedding was over and I had to agree with him! So much fun! We can't wait to spend more time with Steven and Lindsey and be life long friends:) Congrats you two! We love you guys!
Here are some pictures:)
The happy couple:)
Ryan and all his college roomies:) Whitney and I and all our party favor mints... Not to self.. don't be the last people to leave the reception or you end up with tons of mints.... The flowers were soo pretty Ryan and Steve - 2 strapping young men! Me and Lindsey.. what a beautiful bride Whitney, Brooke (we just met but we are like seriously twins:) and Andrea.. all the coolest and sweetest chicks! All of us with the happy, beautiful bride The boys doing their GQ look:) Ryan and I at home before the rehearsal dinner
Friends Ryan and his high school friends Ryan made up a dance - he calls it the knock! ha! Brooke, Cara and Me!
Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you, mention the rules, tell six quirky, yet boring unspectacular things about yourself, tag six other bloggers by linking to them, and then go to each person's blog and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.
Here are six random things about me.
1. I love to clean my house! Love it.. for some reason having a home that is my own... just makes me want to clean.. clean.. clean.. I think my husband is starting to catch on to as well:)
2. I love calling my husband and getting his voicemail... because that means I can sing him a message. He saves them and lets me listen to them, that part I don't love that much!
3. I love watching HGTV. Lately that is all you will ever see me watching, well I guess very lately all you would find me watching is the Olympics!
4. I have my belly button pierced. I think I may graduate it soon tho!
5. I am a bit dramatic at times..me? NO way:) When I was little I would watch myself cry in the mirror. LOL
6. My MalteseHalley is like my child. She might think she is human because I take her everywhere with me!
If you are reading this... then I tag you.... I want to tag my friends only but for some reason the blogger is not letting me.. Boo blogger boo:)
Lots of pictures to post later! Have a great day! Em
I had the privilege of babysitting our nephew Grant on Thursday night! I love him soo much! He was so well behaved and so much fun! He says the sweetest stuff!!! First I went and picked him up at his house... he was ready to leave with me (which made me excited)As we were driving down riverside her said "NO Dwight and Kathy's!" Could he be any smarter.... he knew we were going the same way he goes everyday to his school!!! While we were in the car we sang the OSU song.. RIDE RIDE RIDE RIDE....... I let him just blurt it out and we were soo loud... I LOVE IT:) Best Aunt Award goes toooo.....drum roll please.... AUNT EMMY:)
First we went to Utica Square and listened to music and ate carrots and cantaloupe! While we were there he played with my lil cousins and Grant is really quite the sharer! He shared all his toys and was soo well behaved! He even danced a bit with me! Then we were off to Wendy's and ate dinner and headed to Target! He LOVED target and knew it was target when we pulled up! What a smart kid:) I let him pick out any toy he wanted... He got a Thomas the train mini laptop and some Diego fruit snacks or "gummies." We then went and got Halley and headed back to his house! He was entertaining Halley and I, during bath time! He was soo happy Halley was there! Then we got ready for bed and read some books! Again, very excited that Halley was in the bed with us! I tried my hardest to have himself by the time Chris and Libby were home but he wanted his mommy and daddy!! When Halley and I left he gave Halley a kiss!
Great job Chris and Libby he is an absolute doll and we love him soo much!!Thanks for letting me babysit him! It was such a pleasure!
Cheeeseeee.. at utica
So cute:) When daddy is away... Halley and daisy take over his spot:)
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Ryan is in a wedding this weekend and I am really excited:) It is going to be a great day!
Soo I made the best salad last night! I had one at McGills and thought hmm I could make this.. So I made it and I made it even better:) My husband said it was the best healthy meal he has ever had! My BFF Lauren LOVED:) Yippppeeeeeee
Here's what you need: Lettuce (whatever kind you want) Strawberries Blueberries Pineapple Feta Cheese Chicken Walnut halves Poppy seed dressing
Things have been so crazy around Acme lately! We have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I am sorry for the slacking:) This morning I have actually had some free time and have been onhttp://www.esty.com/! I LOVE esty! Everything is so affordable and soo creative and cute. I have just purchased a ton of cards for $11.00. If you know me well, then you know... I sure do love sending cards (oh and receiving them too ;) )
Here are two of my favs that I got...
I can't wait to get my arms around you....
Sorry I've been crabby!
If you haven't shopped on esty, then I highly recommend you do! What a great way for stay at home moms or entrepreneurs to make money and make money while doing what they love. I LOVE it!!