Happy Thanksgiving friends:) Just waiting to eat some great grub:) Wanted to let you all know I am very thankful for your friendships! Hope everyone has a safe and blessed day! Today I feel very blessed!!! Very Thankful:) God is great!!
A very dear friend of mine is sick. He really needs every one's prayers and since you guys are such great prayer warriors:) I figured I would ask you guys for help! His liver is failing him but I believe in miracles everyday:) With God, a great family, good care and great friends.. I pray he bounces back in no time!
I am in a book club. Well I have been in the book club for three months now and have yet to read one of the books because I haven't been able to go to any of the meetings! This month I read the book and I was not disappointed! The book was a page turner and I am truly blessed that I read it. Above is a copy of the back of the book.(if you click on the picture, it will make it bigger so you can read what it says)It gives you a small insight into what the book is about. It is a spiritual journey between the main character Mack and God, Holy Spirit and Jesus. Yes all three separates but all one in the same. The book is truly amazing and has really changed my relationship with God and with how I view some aspects of my faith! I truly recommend you read it:) Click here for the Shack website:) Happy reading friends:)
We have been trying to sell our car for about 3 weeks now! Ryan is soo patient but me on the other hand... sometimes I can be a bit impatient, to say the least. I think it was because we went and test drove cars before we sold my car and soo I got anxious for my new car!! My mustang convertible was just to small for us. We could never really take my car out of town because it was too small for all our stuff and the dogs.. let alone kids someday! A man and his son looked at our car Tuesday and then we never heard back from them:( tear:(
Then Wed night this guy called and was very interested!! I didn't want to get my hopes up but that is hard not to do:)
Welp Ryan met with the guy yesterday and he wanted to buy it.. right then and there:) Now we officially only own one car!!! We are going this weekend to get a new Nissan Murano:) Hello mom car:) Just need some babies in it now... oh ya Ive got two furry ones:) he he:)
Here are some pics of me bidding farewell to my Mustang:) I will miss our long drives to work... our spring days with the convertible top down and the relationship we had for the last four years:) Its been fun lil mustang:) Farewell:)
With Christmas just 34 days away... yahooooo.... I keep getting email requests from family and friends for Christmas Wish List items:) So I made a little collage of some of my fave items:) PS- As much as I love recieving---- there is nothing more that I love then GIVING:) I love getting someone the perfect gift and seeing their eyes and face light up when they open the gift! Plus I LOVE wrapping the gifts too make them look perfect:) Well not perfect but close... well not enough close but you get the point!!
1. Pottery Barn organizing system 2. Cute grey boots;) 3. Workout pants 4. Sweaters 5. Comfy pants 6. New Sunglasses 7. Juicy Track Suit 8. Trish McEvoy #3 perfume 9. Neurohr Stamp 10. Picture Calender 11. Photo albums 12. Bath n Body works Wallflower refills:)
Dear City of Tulsa/Cox Communications, For future notice please call us if you are going to be doing work on our yard! It was not a pleasant sight to see when I pulled up in my driveway yesterday evening to this:
I think that there should be some sort of code that you have to let homeowners know before you dig a huge hole with a wire coming out of it! We do have animals and small children who run around our neighborhood on a daily basis. How are we supposed to know that the huge wire is just our cable..... No phone call, no letter, no note on the door!!!! My hubby had to make several phone calls to even know what was going on!! Plus we do not enjoy being left on hold for hours at a time!!
Is it too much to ask for free movie channels and fee cable for a year, oh and I would also like cable added in my guest room and an additional dvr box!! If you fulfill these wishes... Ill let this time slide:)
Thanks Lindsay:) Always enjoy looking at all the recipes! I will be making the corn dish this Thanksgiving:) Corn dish, green beans and pumpkin pie:)
Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie My Husbands favorite Pie The recipe is from my Mother in Law Karen:) She is an amazing cook:)
Pie Crust (10 inch one crust pie)
Do this after you get the apples and pie filling ready. 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour ½ tsp. salt ½ cup shortening 3 to 4 TBSP. ice cold water
Measure flour and salt into bowl. Use two table knives or a pastry blender and cut in shortening thoroughly. Sprinkle in ice water, 1 TBSP. at a time, mixing gently until all flour is moistened and dough almost cleans the side of the bowl. Gather dough into ball; shape into flattened round. Roll out on lightly floured board so it is 2 inches larger than the pie pan. Fold pastry into quarters; unfold and ease into pan.
Or you can buy one of the already made pie crust:) That is what I did:)
Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie 1 pastry crust 1 recipe Crumb Topping ½ cup sugar ¼ cup caramel topping (the kind for ice cream) 1 tsp. cinnamon ½ cup chopped pecans (can omit if want to) 3 TBSP all-purpose flour 1/8 tsp. salt 7 cups Rome Beauty or Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced
Place crust in pie plate. In large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add sliced apples and toss until well coated. Transfer into the pie shell. Sprinkle with crumb topping, then bake.
Crumb Topping 1 cup packed brown sugar ½ cup quick cooking oats ½ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup real butter (not softened or melted)
Stir together the brown sugar, flour and oats. Use knives or pastry blender and cut in butter until the topping is crumbly. Sprinkle on apple mixture.
Place pie on broiler pan or cookie sheet in case of drips. Cover outside edge of crust with a ring of aluminum foil or a pie crust shield. Bake in preheated oven at 375 for 25 minutes, then remove the crust cover and bake another 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is brown and the pie is bubbly. When finished baking, sprinkle pie with chopped pecans, then drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on cooling rack.
Thank you xbox wife :) for hosting Ten Things Tuesday:)
What a great way to sit and think about ten things I am thankful for:) It will bring a smile to my face! Feel free to stop bye xbox wifes blog and join in the fun:)
1. Ryan- I am so thankful for him, he is my very best friend and brings a smile to my face daily! I do not know what I would do without him!
2. Animals - I love my dogs and think they are such a gift from God... always there when you feel like no one else is. "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
3. Friends - What would I do without my friends... Thank you God for blessing me with such wonderful ones! "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”
4. Christmas time - Such a wonderful time to get together with family and celebrate the birth of Jesus. "And she will bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins."
5. Love - "What the world needs now.. is love sweet love:) Its the only thing that there is just to little of:)"
6. Family - We are who we are today because of our family. They will always love us and never turn their back to us! Family is forever! "The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family."
7. Children - They are fresh from the hands of God and true gifts!"Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven."
8. Faith - Everything we do, we do in faith. "Without faith a man can do nothing; with it all things are possible."
9. Humor - What would I do without humor. Humor makes even the most boring situations more fun! “Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.”
10. Thanksgiving Time (don't have a picture because it wouldn't fit in my mosaic:( ) “Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.”
She gave me my very first blogger awards:) Thanks Liana, your blog is adorable and I enjoy reading it everyday:) Thanks for bringing a smile to my face this Totally Terrifc Tuesday!!!
Its hard just to pick five blogs that I LOVE because I really do love all the blogs I read.....If I could give it to every blog I read I totally would make everyones Tuesday Totally Terrific:) Five blogs I wanna pass the awards on too:)
Thanks MckMamma for such a fun carnival! I love not me Mondays and I LOVE your blog and your prayers!!
* I did not take my receipt out after I left Hobby Lobby and add up all my savings:) * I did not jump with glee when I found out I saved $97.94 * I then did not proceed to call my hubby who was at a bachelor party in Boulder, CO and tell him all about my savings:) * I did not stay at my parents house with family all weekend while my hubby was out of town:) I am way more grown up then that!! * I did not listen to Christmas music while I cleaned yesterday! * I did not purchase a lot of Christmas songs on itunes yesterday! * I did not go to bed both nights of the weekend by 1030! * I did not say to my hubby... ok... you have to watch desperate housewives and brothers and sisters with me because you have been out of town:) * I did not sleep such a great sleep last night because I knew my hubby was snuggled up next to me! * I did not buy more Christmas decorations for our house over the weekend!!
Have a great week friends:) And be sure to stop bye MckMammas blog and play along:)
I really do have the best friends! I thank God everyday for the gift of good friends. There to lift you when your spirits are low, there to make you smile, there to be goofy with you, there with a shoulder to lean on, there to listen, there to give advice, there to snap you out of a funk, there to go beat up that major jerk that broke your heart, there to slap you silly when you are not being yourself, there to tell you how it is, there to simply sit in silence when the words can be found, there to laugh, love and live with! Thank you friends for being so absolutely amazing! I do not know where I would be without you:)
You're... My Friend, my companion, through good times and bad my friend, my buddy, through happy and sad, beside me you stand, beside me you walk, you're there to listen, you're there to talk, with happiness, with smiles, with pain and tears, I know you'll be there, throughout the years!
Two years ago today.... God received a very special angel. Jim Edgar Coale is deeply missed everyday... God must of needed an extra special cowboy in heaven because he most certainly got one that day. Jim was an amazing father, husband, friend and person. He always had great advice and was always there to help people when they were in need. In his life he married one of the most amazing women I know and had 6 of the most beautiful children in the world. Everyday his wife and children are living and walking in Jim's memory. Amy is one of the strongest women i know and forges forward with her life everyday and I know it cannot be easy on her because her best friend is not there to walk with her. Today please keep Amy, Collin, Callie, Claire, Cami, Caroline and Corinne in your prayers.
Jim, We love you dearly and miss you so much 2... I know you are truly proud of how strong and brave your wife is and how great your children are. They are wonderful kids and I know you are up in heaven, cowboy boots on, cowboy hat and a BIG huge smile on your face. Your family is and will always mean so much to me and my family. We will take good care of them from here on earth! We will never forget you and the legacy you have left. We love you so much! love, Emily
I am not there Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the snow on the mountain's rim, I am the laughter in children's eyes, I am the sand at the water's edge, I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle Autumn rain, When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight, I am the star that shines at night, Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there, I did not die.