Well today my baby girl turned 18 months! I cannot believe it!!!
So I will post her 17 month happenings a day late!
What Cate has been up to lately:
* She LOVES to sing
* Most of the time she is singing "ABC," or "Twinkle, Twinkle."
* She LOVES playing outside
* She even loved playing in the snow
* She loved eating the snow
* She loved swinging in the snow
* As long as she is outside, she is sooo happy
* She still loves to swing at the park but a new favorite is walking up and down the stairs and going down the slide. ALL BY HERSELF! Such a big girl
* "No," is now a word in her vocabulary and she will gladly tell me when she does not want something
* She loves when Ryan gets home from work. She hears the garage open and runs towards the back door and yells, "Dadddddddyyyyy!"
* This month she went to her first OSU basketball game! She loved the band
* She is a dancing queen! She has had several dance parties with her friends lately! They are all really good dancers!
* When we go out to lunch and I buy a cookie, I have to hide it. Even if I walk back to the table without a cookie, she somehow knows I have one and says, "Coookkkkieeee!" Smart girl:)
* She is repeating a lot of what we say! So we really have to watch what we say:)
* She loves any kind of song that includes dancing or hand motions
* She got the stomach bug this month and then passed it on to me! Thats ok though! I love mommy and Cate snuggles!
* She LOVES to pray at dinner. We hold hands during dinner prayer and Cate reaches out to hold our hands and says, "AMEN!"
* Before bed we sit in her rocking chair and pray. Cate loves this time and says, "Amen," after each prayer said. Then she says, "Kiss Kiss," and Ryan and I both give her kisses
* Elmo says, "Kiss Kiss," and we have always said it to her
* She loves to clean and loves sweeping! Gi Gi and Poppa got her a cleaning set for Valentines Day:)
* She now calls my mom GiGi. My mom named herself Gammie. Cate called her Gaw Gaw and now it is GiGi. Gaw Gaw is actually what we call my moms mom
* She loves to cook and bake with me. When Cate sees me in the kitchen, she runs over and says, "UP!" I pick her up and she helps me do whatever I am doing
* We are trying to sell our house and everyday we must leave the house clean. Cate loves to follow behind me and make a mess of whatever I just cleaned up! Ha!!!
* We took her to Build a Bear this month and she loved bathing the bear! She was not a happy camper when it was time to leave the bath station!!
* We asked her what she wanted to name her bear and she said, "Rarah!" So cute! My sister is Sarah and she calls her Rarah!! She sure does love her Aunt Rarah:) Already naming things after her:)
* Cate loves her best friend Finley. Watching the two of them play and love each other is such a blessing! They love each other so much and it just makes me feel so bless! We are blessed that God blessed us both with two precious daughters!
* They love each other and they love getting into stuff together too! They play off of one another:) It is sometimes hard not to laugh at them!
* My friend Candace brought her daughter Katelyn and baby Austin into town last week. Cate loved playing with KK and was obsessed with the baby! She wanted to hold him herself and when he was in his carrier, she was trying to get him out of it! She was even trying to carry his carrier around!
* Cate broke her favorite red sunglasses this month! She was so sad when they broke and she even cried! No worries though, GiGi bought her a new pair last week and "Hollywood," is back
* She now puts them on and says, "Hollywood!" It is so cute!
* Cate thinks her dollies little pink chair is for her! She is always sitting in it and it cracks us up!!
* Cate LOVES the Bouncy Barn and Bounce You. They are big warehouses with a ton of inflatables for kids to play in. Cate and Finley have been twice together and they love it!!
* Finley was at her daddies office the other day and Cate and I stopped by. Her daddy is an eye dr:) So we tried on some glasses of the girls! It was so funny and so cute!
* Cate's Uncle Patrick is a hero to her. She only has eyes for him when he is around. She sees him and is like, "See ya later Mommy and Daddy!"
* Cate also loves her Uncle Chris. She follows him around and always wants him to hold her. He has a son that is 4 weeks younger than Cate and you can often find Chris, holding Evan and Cate at the same time.
* Cate loves going to her friends birthday parities. She loves them so much because she loves opening their gifts! She doesn't quite understand that those gifts are not for her. Luckily Leighton and Grant understood:)
* Usually before gift time, Ryan has to take her in another room. Otherwise she will cry because she is not down on the floor with her friends and the gifts!
* Cate loves to draw and color!
* This month she also came down with a yucky virus/head cold and of course she passed it on to momma! Guess we snuggle too much
* We toured a new school for Cate this month. It is actually were I went growing up. She loved it there and kept pointing to the class she will be in and saying, "More!" She will start there in August and go two days a week!
* We are excited for her to go but also a tad sad because it is one more step closer to being a big girl
* When Cate plays in her kitchen she is always washing her hands before she starts cooking! It is the cutest thing
* She loves pretending to eat her play food
* She also loves lining up all her dollies on the fireplace and chatting with them
* When her diaper is wet, she will grab it and shake her head
* She loves dumping water on her head
* She can count.. 1... 2....3
* She will count in the bath and then splash down into the water
* Cate is the best snuggler and loves to hug
I cannot believe she is a year and a half already! Time really does fly! I feel so blessed to be her mommy and thank God every single day for blessing me with her. I feel so lucky to be blessed with such a beautiful, smart, happy, healthy little girl! She makes life so worthwhile!
Hope everyone had a great day!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE