Today Cate is 20 months old!!
Here is what she was up to during her 19th month of life:)
* When we pray at night she folds her hands and bows her sweet little head:)
* She also says AMEN at the end of each pray
* She LOVES the gym daycare now:) Every other time she will still shed a tear or two and even cry "No MOMMA!" But overall she really enjoys her time there
* One day when I went to pick Cate up from the gym daycare, Robin said, "We didn't know Cate had dimples! She finally smiled for the first time today!!"
* She now will tell Ryan and I that she loves us. It is the sweetest thing
* Cate had her first slumber party this month. We realized that Cate might be a little young for slumber parties. She would not let Finley go to sleep and she would not go to sleep. She cried for about 30 minutes because she wanted to be wherever Finley was. She even woke up earlier than normal and was asking for Finley:)
* She LOVES Finley. The way she says Finley sounds more like Cindy:)
* Cate has realized that she loves climbing. She can now climb up into the dining room chairs at my mom and dads house
* When I was working out at home one day, Cate mimicked me. I was doing squats and she was holding on to a chair and doing them too. When I started doing push ups, she laid on her belly and tried to do them too:) It was the cutest thing ever
* My parents got a little picnic table for their house and Cate thinks she is such a big girl
* Cate had her pictures taken this month and she was so cute
* During nap time Cate will lay down and get herself to sleep
* Cate and Finley now cry whenever they have to leave each other. To be honest, it is kinda cute
* Cate had her adenoids out and tubes in this month
* We had a rough couple weeks but she is finally feeling so much better
* Cate got to meet two of her second cousins this month. Both are younger than her and she adores them. She LOVES babies so much
* We went to the hospital to see a close family friends baby this month and I got to go back to the special care nursery. While I was in the nursery Cate was tapping on the glass saying, "Momma!!" She was making sure I knew she was watching
* Cate slept in till 11:15 one day this month. I think she was healing from her surgery:)
* When I come to pick Cate up from MDO, she usually sees me and then plays a little more and then runs over to me:) She plays hard to get at first:)
* We had to take cover because of tornados and Cate LOVED it. We were in the bathtub at my parents and she was so happy. There were blankes and pillows in the bathtub and she had an ipad with Olivia playing
* Olivia is her new favorite show
* GiGi and Poppa got a chalkboard for "Cate's Castle," and she LOVES coloring on it
* Cate loves coloring in general
* Cate calls all babies, "Daby"
* Cate can count to four! Ryan found out because he was randomly counting and after he said 1, she said 2 and then 3 and 4
* The gym daycare hatched eggs and Cate LOVES the chickens!! She got to pet them and maybe next week can hold one
* I told Cate there was a monkey on her shirt the other morning and she started making a monkey sound:) too cute
* Her favorite song is still, "Twinkle, Twinkle"
* If a song is playing in the car that she doesn't, she will let us know
* She prefers to be barefoot. Her shoes always come off
* She repeats everything!!
* Today she said, "Momma Pretty!"
* She LOVES reading books
* She also loves popsicles, strawberries, grapes, bananans, chicken, peas, yogurt, corn dogs, mash potatoes, fruit snacks, blueberries, honey bunches of oats, blueberry waffles
* She is still a picky eater
* She will wear a headband now because I wear headbands all the time. I will put a headband on her and she will look at me and say, "Momma," and point to my hair
* She still loves to snuggle
* She loves pretending. She pretends to drink from a little tea cup in her kitchen and mix stuff up! It is so cute
* She loves her baby dolls. She rocks them and pats their backs!
* She loves trying on shoes and clothes. She LOVES shopping. Not sure who she gets that from?
* She is such a blessing in our lives! Sometimes I just sit and stare at her and marvel at what a blessing she is!
LOVE LOVE LOVE