I cannot believe my baby girl will be 2 in 2 months!! I know I said that below but really I CANNOT BELIEVE IT:( Cate is such a sweet, carefree, outgoing, chatty little girl! We are so very blessed to call her our daughter!! LOVE HER SO MUCH!!
Cate turned 22 months on the 21st and so today I will post about what she was up to in her 21st month of life:)
* She loves reading books and loves reading them by herself! She will look at a book and pretend she is reading it and even flip through the pages:)
* She loves acting like she can read menus at restaurants as well.
* She loves popsicles
* She loves Sonic slushies. I will ask her if she wants a slushie and she shouts, "SONIC!"
* Every time we pass Sonic, she thinks we need to stop for a slushie
* She had her last day of school at her first mothers day out
* We went to the lake this month and decided that Cate is definitely a lake rat! She loves being on the boat and in the water
* Cate is quite the little fish. She LOVES swimming! We got her a little life vest/floatie and she loves it! She can swim on her own and she kicks so well!!
* She did so well on the road trip to the lake. She only slept for about an hour and was happy the other three hours:)
* Every time we would go over a wave on the lake, Cate would say, "WHEW!"
* When we go down hills in the car, she also says, "WHEW!!"
* There was a firework show at the lake and Cate was not a fan at all. She would cry and say, "No MOMMA!"
* She loves pushing her own stroller all around! She will pile her babies in it and push it all over the place.
* We pray together every single night and after we are done praying, daddy will rock her to sleep. Before I leave the room, Cate says, "Night NIght Momma, Love you!" It is the sweetest thing ever!!! We will kiss, butterfly kiss and eskimo kiss and then I leave the room
* Cate said her first sentence this month!! She said, "Trieve get the ball." Trieve is my brothers golden retriever and Cate LOVES her!
* Cate loves helping me around the house. She loves watering the plants, feeding the dogs and putting up laundry:)
* Cate can now say her full name! It is the cutest thing in the whole world:)
* Cate had her first day at her new school this month and she LOVED it:) Her sheet said she was: cooperative, chatty, busy, happy and friendly.
* She never cries when I leave her at her new school! She just marches right in and tells me bye bye!
* She stayed with my mom and dad this month while we went to Vegas. She had so much fun swimming, getting a pedicure, having a play date and was so spoiled:) GiGi and Poppa take such great care of her!
* When we got home from Vegas, Cate was attached to my hip:) She would randomly come up to me and say, "Love you momma:)" Melt my heart!
* Twinkle, Twinkle is still Cate's favorite song. We probably listen to it 20 times a day:)
* Where is thumb-kin is also a new favorite:)
* She mimics everything!!! I was putting on makeup and she was pretending to put on makeup too:) It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!
* Ryan was getting dresses one day and was putting on his tight under shirt. Jokingly I said, "Ohhh Daddy's HOT!" Cate started saying it over and over again. She still says it to him:)
* She repeats everything!!
* Cate's "Big Brother," Kegan is back from a 6 month stay in Singapore! She was a little shy at first and then remembered who he was. He told her that he would buy her a pony someday so they could go wherever she wanted:) He also told her he wished her a lifetime of happiness! How sweet is he??
* We took Fathers day pictures for daddy this month:) She was not cooperative but I ended up with a cute Fathers day gift for my dad and for Ryan.
* Cate's Grammy and Grandpa bought her, her first pair of cowboy boots! They are pink and she LOVES them
* We had a play date with Cate's best buddy Oliver this week and we were taking a picture of them and he leaned over and laid a kiss on her:) It was so cute
* She loves singing. Her sheet from school one day said that she sang for everyone during lunch:)
* Cate has really grown attached to her blankie and snuggle puppy! She will not nap or sleep at night without those two items. Also, she always has to have baby too!
* We went and fed the ducks the other day and Cate LOVED it. She kept quacking at them.
* She is definitely a girlie girl. Loves playing with her babies, playing in her kitchen, carrying purses around, bags around and playing dress up.
* We joined the summer reading program and Cate loves going to the library to get stickers on her packet:)
* Cate loves walking around in my shoes and her daddy's shoes!
* Cate and Finley are so much fun to watch! They love each other so much and every single time they see each other it is like Christmas morning:) They get so excited! It is the sweetest thing ever! We are so blessed that they have each other! Such little besties!
* Cate is talking so well and is quite the little "Chatty Kathy!"
* She is still the pickiest eater ever. I struggle so much during meal and snack time.
* She will eat ham, turkey, corn dogs, chicken, bagels bites, waffles, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, apples, bananas and LOVES milk. I will take food suggestions, if anyone has anything I could try with her!
* She loves bubble bathes!
* She does not enjoy her diaper being even the slightest bit wet and especially does not like it to be dirty. She has used the big girl potty several times.
* At school this week she took her dirty diaper off herself! Not good!!
* She minds pretty well!
* She definitely will test her limits and spends a little bit of time in time out.
* She can say all my friends names and it is so cute that she knows them all by name!
* She loves saying HI. She makes sure to say HI to every single person she passes by.
* Ryan taught her what a donkey says and it is the funniest and cutest thing I have ever seen!
* She loves climbing up on the couch and up into chairs.
* She also loves drinking out of big girl cups and using big girl forks:)
Cate is such a joy and I feel so very blessed to be her momma!!
Happy weekend my friends:)
LOVE LOVE LOVE