Cate turned 23 months on the 21st! I cannot believe how the last month has flown by. We have been so very busy lately. Out of town almost every single weekend and now packing up our house! Cate is such a joy in our lives and I LOVE her more and more every single day that goes by. I have no idea how that is even possible.
Here is what Cate has been up too in her 22nd month of life:)
* She is my little shadow. She repeats everything I say and even fake coughs and sneezes when I cough or sneeze.
* She loves to accessorize. She loves to wear bracelets, sunglasses, hats and always is carrying around a bag or purse:) She wears sunglasses mostly upside down though!
* She LOVES Daisy so much. She will hug her and pet her and follow her around saying, "Daisy!"
* Cate is talking so well. She no longer says Rarah but Sarah; Atrick is now Patrick; Momma is now Mommy; etc
* She loves trying on my clothes and her daddy's shirts. When I do laundry she will sit and try on clothes while I fold.
* She LOVES her cousins. We spent a weekend with them and she kept laying her head on her cousin Evan's shoulder. It was so presh
* She had swim lessons this month and did so well. She was in the pool one on one with the teacher and so there was some crying but after three times she was able to float on her back all by herself! She has two more sessions left.
* Cate loves playing in her kitchen. She loves to dump everything out and then pretend to make dinner and tea.
* She also loves to play pretend
* She loves pretending to put her babies to sleep. She will tell us to be quiet and to turn out the lights:)
* She also loves to feed her babies a bottle, pat their back and burp them!
* Cate LOVES going to the library. We joined the summer reading program and Cate received her medal for reading 20 books:)
* She LOVES to read in the car. She will cross her little legs and look like she is really reading her book.
* She is also very polite, She almost always says Please and Thank you!!
* She also loves to tell people she loves them. She tells FInley she loves her all the time!!!
* Riding in an elevator makes Cate so excited!! She screams, "ELEVATOR:)"
* We visited my grandparents this month and Cate LOVED playing with Gaw Gaw and Paw Paw and her MeMa!
* She also adores riding on luggage carts! It is like a fun amusement park ride for her!
* Cate travels very well. She usually sleeps in the car or watches, "Elmo," Or "Olivia," on the Ipad!
* She now asks to wear her hair in piggies:) It is the sweetest thing.
* Cate LOVES her new school. She never cries when we drop her off! Such a big girl!
* Cate LOVES posing for pictures. She will put her hand on her hip, put her hand on her cheeks or tilt her head and say CHEEESSEEE!
* Cate and Finley are so precious together. Every time they see each other they get so excited. It is like Christmas morning to them! I need to get it on video!
* Cate and Finley had their first slumber party this month! Allison let Cate spend the night and they had so much fun!They got matching pjs and matching Elmo bathing suits. They had so much fun together! Yay for many more together!!!
* Cate loves eating her yogurt. She makes such a mess but feels like such a big girl eating it all by herself.
* Cate will not eat unless she has a fork or spoon.
* Cate is so brave in the water. We have to watch her like a hawk. She will just walk right in!
* She loves helping me cook. do laundry, pack, load the car... basically she likes to do whatever I am doing.
* Cate will ask to snuggle:)
* She loves to read books in our bed before bedtime, then pray and then goes and rocks with daddy:)
* Cate's Gi Gi & Poppa kept her over the weekend and took her to get her haircut and a pedicure!!
* Uncle Patrick took her to get a slushie and pick out any toy she wanted at Kiddlesticks! She picked out a little pink jogging baby stroller!
* Her snuggle puppy, baby and blankie are now attached to her at all times!
* She loves putting on Chapstick and lip gloss. When she sees me put it on she hustles over!
* We went to the Dr this month for another sty on her eye. The Dr said she is one of the best little patients ever. She sits so still and does whatever the Dr wants her to do:)
* Cate is so lovable! She loves to give hugs. She hugs me all the time! Such a sweet girl!
* When Cate wears skirts or dresses, she loves to twirl! It is so cure!
* Her favorite song is still, "Twinkle, Twinkle:)"
* Cate likes to sit criss cross applesauce:) It is so cute
* Brushing her teeth is something she looks forward to in the morning and at night.
* We are working on her colors. She usually says green as her first response to my question, "what color is this?"
* Sesame street is still her number one show. Olivia is a close second but she chooses Sesame Street first every time:)
* Cate sings her ABCs very well! There are a few letters she mumbles over but most you can hear very well!
* I bought Cate and Finley Best Friends shirts and they LOVE wearing them! It is the cutest thing EVER:)
* Aunt Amy bought the girls I LOVE NYC shirts and they were so proud to wear them around and be dressed alike
* Cate loves waiting for daddy to get home at night and LOVES waving him goodbye in the morning:) She LOVES her daddy so much. He is such a great daddy
* Cate loves making animal sounds. Her newest sound is a Donkey... He Hawww... It is so cute and funny
* She also loves to act like a dinosaur and rawrrrrrrrr
* She pretends to be dog and a baby too:)
* Playing pretend is so fun! I LOVE watching her pretend!!!
* Cate loves singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She also, loves blowing out candles and pretending to bowl out candles!
* "Calling," Finley on her play phone is something she does everyday! She pretends they are in the most in depth convo ever!!
* Dancing is something we do all the time too:) She is quite the little dancer and was a dancing fool at Ryan's cousin's wedding!
Cate is the best thing that has ever happened to her daddy and I. We do not know how we ever lived without her. We thank God for her every single day. I feel so blessed to be her mommy and that God chose us to bless us with her! I so proud of the little girl she has turned into!!! I hope I am always a good role model for her!!! Thanks for keeping up with our little girl!!!
Happy Monday my friends:)
I hope to have a random update this week too:)
LOVE LOVE LOVE